Sunday, January 9, 2011

Obama calls for national moment of silence for Tucson victims



On Saturday January 8th, 2011 Tucson was stuck by tragedy. A shooting occurred in front of a local grocery store that has changed the face of not just Arizona, but the entire nation. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot and remains in critical condition, sadly there are many who did not make it. Our class will be participating in a moment of silence to help support national unity in a time of great sadness. I encourage my students to share their thoughts about what has happend. There are many lives that have been effected by this event, no matter what it was a senseless tragedy that will stay with us for a long time.

2 comments:

Amaiah said...

Dear Mr.Moore,
This was a tragedy,it was very sad for those who it effected,and others.I hope for those who were injured.I am grateful that it was no one in our class.I pray for anyone that was involved.

richie said...

Dear Mr Moore,
I am very sad for Christina's family and hope as time goes by
it will get easier for them.
I hope nothing like this will never happen again.