Thursday, August 19, 2010

Letterboxing


Yesterday Mrs. Wright, one of our wonderful 3rd grade teachers brought to my attention something that is called Letterboxing.   This is similar to Geocaching, it is a mix between treasure and scavenger hunting.  I LOVE to go geocaching on the weekends with my wife but it requires that you have some sort of GPS locator device.  Not everybody has access to one of these.  is based off of a set of clues and navigational directions to geographical landmarks.  The whole idea behind it is to get people to explore their surroundings and discover something new.  I am thinking about setting up some Letterboxing discovery landmarks here at our school.  I think it would Letterboxing d be a wonderful activity for kids to participate in both in and outside of school.  What do you think about this?  Do any of you Geocache or Letterbox in your spare time?  

No comments: